It seems earlier and earlier I dislike certain parts of the year.
I'm not a big fan of the fall mainly because the days get shorter and it’s darker most of the time. This is a little funny because I didn’t get out in the air that much over the summer or anything being chained to my desk working from home but still, I prefer it warm rather than cold. I just can’t abide the cold or the lack of light.
The other thing is perhaps the part of the year I fervently hate with a passion is coming and that’s the period from Halloween to New Year’s.
I have no great love of Halloween which has morphed into something entirely different from what it was when I was a kid. Halloween has become something very different in that all these folks that simply can’t grow up feel the need to indulge themselves.
After that it’s Thanksgiving and Hannukah/Christmas/Kwaanza (Festivus) and then New Year.
My feelings haven’t changed in the slightest since I started this post. There is just something about the headlong rush from Halloween to New Year’s that I’ve grown to truly despise. The more I think about it the more I want to take some kind of trip around this time of year. The best New Year’s and holidays I’ve had in the past have been spent in Miami or Key West. Being someplace warm at a time of year when the days are short and it’s getting colder is just a wonderful thing indeed.
This time this year went by pretty fast and I’m thankful for that...
I’m also hoping there will come a time in the not too distant future where I’m enjoying this time more again either because I’m on a trip or someplace I really want to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment